Monday, May 21, 2007

Unemployment is great!

This is Shane M:
So I got laid off from my job in December and I was trying hard to time my job searching so that I could enjoy some time off that was paid by my former employer! It's working so far - I have 2nd interviews at both Target (store management position) and Special Olympics (Director job in Santa Clarita) and I have an initial interview with the LAUSD next Tuesday. Wish me luck!

I've always worked for non-profit organizations and now I am trying to expand my options into the for-profit world. I think I can make more money and then do my do-gooder volunteer stuff for fun. My experiences as an EC for MYPC and the great networking are practice for interviewing!

During my time off I've done some traveling, done a lot of naval-gazing and done some planning for MYPC events. The next really cool event I'm putting together with Stephanie K and some other volunteers is the Road Rally on June 16th. It's a really fun, crazy driving event around Burbank. Check out the event here. Find 3 friends and sign up!!

Think job thoughts for me please!! (:

No comments: