Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Unemployment update

Hey all! Yep, I'm still unemployed, even after 8-10 good interviews. Everyone asks me after an interview, "How did it go?" I'm not sure how to answer that! I usually walk out thinking that I said the right things, looked good and exuded confidence and reliability. Then, the rejection letter. ): The most frustrating thing is that I'm being rejected for jobs in recreation and child care, which is exactly what I've been doing for the past 10 years. How is that possible? I've decided it's all about WHO ELSE is applying.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a job working in a non-profit organization, a form of social work or human resources, or fundraising, please let me know! I'm hosting a 2nd meeting of the "Career Changers" in MYPC - those that have been fired or laid off, or are currently working but looking for that elusive dream job. Here's the link: http://www.mypeopleconnection.com/eventn135239.html

Have a great week!
Shane M

No comments: